Custom A/V Installer – Security Tech
Date: May 17th, 2017
Job Title: Custom A/V Installer – Security Tech
We are looking for a take charge installer in the Charleston, SC area to join our installation and service team. Must have some experience in installing, programming, and servicing integrated systems for home theater, whole-house audio/ video systems, lighting control, surveillance and security systems, networking, and integrated control. Candidate must be self-motivated, very personable and of good character, professional presentation, is detail oriented with good organization and leadership skills. Someone who is passionate about custom electronics and is all about providing top notch service to very high end clients. should have ability to deal with customers in a professional friendly manner, managing, conducting, and finishing all projects in an efficient manner.
This person would work as lead or alongside a lead installer and is responsible for the installation, programming and service of residential and small commercial a/v systems. This will include pre-wiring, trim-out and installation/ programming of all systems.
- High professional standards are a must.
- We prefer at least 1-3 years experience in the home theater, multi-zone audio/video, security, and home automation fields.
- Familiarization with current A/V components, technologies and techniques. Control 4, Savant, Packedge, Araknis and low voltage experience is a plus.
- Basic knowledge and experience with in-wall speaker installation, projection screens and projectors, pre-wiring and whole house audio distribution systems.
- Experience in the pre-wire of theaters, rooms, and entire homes with the following wire formats: RG-6, CAT-5, varying gauges of speaker wire, varying degrees of cables, HDMI, and any other video formats.
- Troubleshooting systems and problem solving skills needed.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet and network connectivity.
- Knowledge of and experience with power tools and hand tools.
- Ability to lift heavy objects/ boxes and climb ladders.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- A commitment to the utmost and highest professional customer service skills and communication.
- Must be self-motivated when working alone, but also able to work within a team setting.
- Applicant must possess a clean driving record with valid driver’s license.
- Criminal background checks will be performed.
If you are interested, please fill out an application using the form to the right.